[texbirds] Tyler State Park 4-19-14

  • From: Boyd Sanders <Boyd.Sanders@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "texbirds@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <texbirds@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 19 Apr 2014 18:34:37 +0000

Howdy All!
The bird walk this morning went really well. Down by the beaver pond on the
lake trail there were several singing Nashville Warblers, Black-throated
Greens, Black-and-Whites, Yellow-throated Warblers and a Yellow-throated Vireo.
The problem with the vireo and the Yellow-throateds were, while they were
singing we never got to see them. It is a challenge to see a bird in dense
foliage and 60 feet off the ground.

Indigo Buntings have arrived. There were several singing males in the open
forest and savannah. My Birding 101 group was treated with stellar looks at a
Broad-winged hawk and a pair of Eastern Kingbirds.

Good birding,

Boyd A. Sanders BBA, CIG
Interpreter/Exhibit Tech

Tyler State Park
789 Park Rd. 16
Tyler, TX 75706

(903)597-5338
boyd.sanders@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Quando Omni Flunkus Moritati
(When All Else Fails, Play Dead- Red Green)

Learn how you can help Texas State Parks: <http://bit.ly/sVdilb>