[texbirds] Tyler State Park 3-21-14 Yep, Scoter still here!

  • From: Boyd Sanders <Boyd.Sanders@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "texbirds@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <texbirds@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 21 Mar 2014 21:34:49 +0000

Howdy All!
Made a turn around the park this morning to see what was about. It was a little
slow, but I was able to get one of our visitors a lifer. Of course it was the
White-winged Scoter. We were also able to get a few close-up looks at a
Pileated Woodpecker. I hope that his photos turn out nice. A little later, I
was able to get my FOS White-eyed Vireo on the C Loop trail.

Remember, bird tour at 8:15am starting from the front office in the morning
(March 22). Come on out and join us.

Good birding!

Tyler SP (PPW-E 065), Smith, US-TX
Mar 21, 2014 8:15 AM - 12:15 PM
Protocol: Traveling
3.0 mile(s)
44 species

Mallard  6
Lesser Scaup  4
White-winged Scoter  1
Pied-billed Grebe  8
Black Vulture  10
Turkey Vulture  6
Red-shouldered Hawk  1
Red-tailed Hawk  1
American Coot  1
Mourning Dove  5
Red-bellied Woodpecker  4
Yellow-bellied Sapsucker  2
Hairy Woodpecker  7
Northern Flicker  1
Pileated Woodpecker  4
Eastern Phoebe  6
White-eyed Vireo  1
Blue Jay  4
American Crow  7
Purple Martin  7
Carolina Chickadee  10
Tufted Titmouse  7
White-breasted Nuthatch  4
Brown-headed Nuthatch  10
Brown Creeper  6
Winter Wren  2
Carolina Wren  8
Golden-crowned Kinglet  5
Ruby-crowned Kinglet  9
Eastern Bluebird  7
Hermit Thrush  3
Brown Thrasher  2
Northern Mockingbird  2
Cedar Waxwing  10
Pine Warbler  30
Yellow-rumped Warbler  15
Eastern Towhee  2
Chipping Sparrow  2
White-throated Sparrow  20
Dark-eyed Junco  2
Northern Cardinal  9
Common Grackle  18
Brown-headed Cowbird  1
American Goldfinch  5

Boyd A. Sanders BBA, CIG
Interpreter/Exhibit Tech

Tyler State Park
789 Park Rd. 16
Tyler, TX 75706

(903)597-5338
boyd.sanders@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Quando Omni Flunkus Moritati
(When All Else Fails, Play Dead- Red Green)

Learn how you can help Texas State Parks: <http://bit.ly/sVdilb>