[texbirds] Tyler State Park 10-28-14 more winter birds arriving

  • From: Boyd Sanders <Boyd.Sanders@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "texbirds@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <texbirds@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 29 Oct 2014 14:45:13 +0000

Howdy All!
Made a quick turn around the park yesterday afternoon. The birds that will be
spending the winter with us are arriving. White-throated Sparrows are showing
up in big numbers. I had my FOF Brown Creeper American Goldfinch and Eastern
Towhee. The surprise of the day was the small flock of Pintails checking out
the lake.

We are getting ready for our November bird walks here at Tyler SP. We will have
a walk on November 8th (2 hours) and 15th  (all morning). Both of these will
start at 8:15 am. Make sure to save the date for Nov. 28th as we will have our
7th annual "Walk off the Bird" Bird walk. We will bird all morning as a way to
avoid that pesky Black Friday madness.

Come on out and join us.

Tyler SP (PPW-E 065), Smith, US-TX

Oct 28, 2014 3:00 AM - 4:00 AM

Protocol: Traveling

2.0 mile(s)

33 species

Northern Pintail  12

Pied-billed Grebe  3

Black Vulture  3

Turkey Vulture  1

Mourning Dove  1

Red-bellied Woodpecker  3

Yellow-bellied Sapsucker  2

Downy Woodpecker  1

Northern Flicker (Yellow-shafted)  5

Pileated Woodpecker  2

Eastern Phoebe  3

Blue Jay  15

American Crow  6

Carolina Chickadee  10

Tufted Titmouse  7

White-breasted Nuthatch  2

Brown Creeper  3

House Wren  1

Carolina Wren  6

Ruby-crowned Kinglet  1

Eastern Bluebird  2

American Robin  20

Brown Thrasher  2

Northern Mockingbird  2

Orange-crowned Warbler  1

Pine Warbler  4

Eastern Towhee  1

Chipping Sparrow  6

Swamp Sparrow  2

White-throated Sparrow  20

Dark-eyed Junco  2

Northern Cardinal  5

American Goldfinch  1

Good birding,

Boyd A. Sanders, BBA, CIG
Master Interpreter/Exhibits Coordinator
Tyler State Park
(903)597-5338
Boyd.sanders@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx<mailto:Boyd.sanders@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>

"Quando omni flunkus moritati (When all else fails, play dead)."- Red Green

[tpwd_lbo_logo]<http://www.tpwd.state.tx.us/>