[texbirds] Tyler SP 3-27-15

  • From: Boyd Sanders <Boyd.Sanders@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "texbirds@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <texbirds@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 27 Mar 2015 19:12:27 +0000

Howdy All!
What a great morning to go birding! I didn't get a lot of time to get in much
birding this morning at the park as problems kept popping up all over.
Highlights of the trip around the park were, the Black-and-White Warblers and
Broad-winged Hawks have returned. So it is starting to look good for other
migrants to show up. The best places for activity late this morning were around
the Beaver pond and the firebreaks near the Southside Day-use turn off. If you
don't know where those places are in the park, then you will just have to join
us on an upcoming bird tour.

The next bird tour? Saturday, March 28th at 8:15 am. We will meet at the park
headquarters (where you check in) and bird a little there and then caravan into
the park to the birdier places. Come on out and join us!

Here's today's list:

Tyler SP (PPW-E 065), Smith, US-TX

Mar 27, 2015 10:00 AM - 11:00 AM

Protocol: Traveling

3.0 mile(s)

52 species

Canada Goose  4

Wood Duck  2

Mallard  4

Common Loon  1

Pied-billed Grebe  6

Great Blue Heron  1

Great Egret  1

Black Vulture  8

Turkey Vulture  5

Red-shouldered Hawk  1

Broad-winged Hawk  2

Spotted Sandpiper  1

Eurasian Collared-Dove  2

Mourning Dove  4

Belted Kingfisher  1

Red-bellied Woodpecker  2

Yellow-bellied Sapsucker  1

Downy Woodpecker  1

Hairy Woodpecker  1

Northern Flicker (Yellow-shafted)  1

Pileated Woodpecker  2

Eastern Phoebe  5

Blue Jay  4

American Crow  8

Purple Martin  8

Barn Swallow  2

Carolina Chickadee  10

Tufted Titmouse  4

White-breasted Nuthatch  2

Brown-headed Nuthatch  2

Brown Creeper  3

Winter Wren  1

Carolina Wren  6

Ruby-crowned Kinglet  5

Eastern Bluebird  5

Hermit Thrush  3

American Robin  2

Brown Thrasher  2

Northern Mockingbird  5

Cedar Waxwing  15

Black-and-white Warbler  2

Pine Warbler  10

Yellow-rumped Warbler (Myrtle)  6

Eastern Towhee  2

Chipping Sparrow  40

White-throated Sparrow  20

Dark-eyed Junco (Slate-colored)  5

Northern Cardinal  4

Common Grackle  10

Brown-headed Cowbird  3

Pine Siskin  10

American Goldfinch  30

Good birding,

Boyd A. Sanders, BBA, CIG
Master Interpreter/Exhibits Coordinator
Tyler State Park
(903)597-5338
Boyd.sanders@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx<mailto:Boyd.sanders@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>

"Quando omni flunkus moritati (When all else fails, play dead)."- Red Green

[tpwd_lbo_logo]<http://www.tpwd.state.tx.us/>