[texbirds] Tyler SP 1-15-13 GBBC

  • From: "Boyd Sanders" <Boyd.Sanders@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <texbirds@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 15 Feb 2013 15:31:34 -0600

Howdy All!

Not a bad start to the Great Backyard Bird Count.  I a good deal of the
morning finding where the birds are feeding now.  They have moved on
from the firebreaks that have been very productive most of the winter.
There were good numbers at the Blackjack Nature trail and by the beaver
pond off of the lake trail.

Tomorrow, we'll go back out and try again.  Join us for the GBBC edition
of birding at Tyler State Park.  We will meet at 8:15am at the front
office and head into the park.

Tyler SP (PPW-E 065), Smith, US-TX

Feb 15, 2013 9:00 AM - 11:00 AM

Protocol: Traveling

3.0 mile(s)

48 species

Mallard  4

Canvasback  2

Ring-necked Duck  14

Greater Scaup  2

Lesser Scaup  5

Ruddy Duck  20

Pied-billed Grebe  8

Double-crested Cormorant  1

Black Vulture  8

Turkey Vulture  12

American Coot  35

Mourning Dove  2

Belted Kingfisher  1

Red-bellied Woodpecker  2

Yellow-bellied Sapsucker  2

Downy Woodpecker  3

Northern Flicker  1

Pileated Woodpecker  3

Blue Jay  4

American Crow  10

Purple Martin  2

Carolina Chickadee  6

Tufted Titmouse  3

Red-breasted Nuthatch  1

White-breasted Nuthatch  4

Brown-headed Nuthatch  6

Brown Creeper  2

House Wren  1

Carolina Wren  4

Golden-crowned Kinglet  1

Ruby-crowned Kinglet  3

Eastern Bluebird  3

Northern Mockingbird  1

Brown Thrasher  1

Cedar Waxwing  10

Pine Warbler  10

Yellow-rumped Warbler  4

Eastern Towhee  3

Chipping Sparrow  40

Fox Sparrow  1

Song Sparrow  3

Swamp Sparrow  1

White-throated Sparrow  30

Dark-eyed Junco  50

Northern Cardinal  4

Red-winged Blackbird  4

Pine Siskin  25

American Goldfinch  40

Good birding,

Boyd A. Sanders BBA, CIG

Interpreter/Exhibit Tech

Tyler State Park

789 Park Rd. 16

Tyler, TX 75706

(903)597-5338

boyd.sanders@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx <mailto:boyd.sanders@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>

Quando Omni Flunkus Moritati

(When All Else Fails, Play Dead- Red Green)

Learn how you can help Texas State Parks: <http://bit.ly/sVdilb
<http://bit.ly/sVdilb> >