[texbirds] Re: Tx. wide breeder (addendum)

  • From: Linda Price <lprice@xxxxxxx>
  • To: brushfreeman@xxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 22 Jul 2012 16:17:45 -0500

If the list has been updated on this thread I haven't see it.

What about Greater Roadrunner? They breed east to the Lousiana line and north
to at least I20. I am not sure about the most northern counties such as Bowie,
Lamar, Red River.

eBird shows June-July records in all but Bowie, Cass, Red River and Morris.
Ebird does show June-July records for Oklahoma and Arkansas north and east of
these counties. I suspect the reason that there are no records is that these
counties are only lightly birded. However, it does look like they are absent
from the upper Texas coastal counties.

I think the list so far contains

Turkey Vulture
Red-tailed Hawk