[texbirds] Two Great Black-backed Gulls at Quintana - Dec 24

  • From: MBB22222@xxxxxxx
  • To: texbirds@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 25 Dec 2012 07:08:56 -0500 (EST)

There were two GBBGs (together) (and about 10 Lesser Black-Backed Gulls) on
 early morning Dec 24 at Quintana beach. One that is there for a few  weeks
now and another one that I believe came from TCD as it matches  pattern and
feather wear of one I photographed there a few days ago. I could not  get
detailed photos as a very nice people drove on shoreline between me and
gulls, gulls took off and only one came back; I did not have time to wait and
look for these gulls anyway. Light was awful so I just took a few record
shots.

Resident GBBG
_http://www.pbase.com/mbb/image/148013500_
(http://www.pbase.com/mbb/image/148013500)

New visitor (from TCD?)
_http://www.pbase.com/mbb/image/148013499_
(http://www.pbase.com/mbb/image/148013499)

Both taking off
_http://www.pbase.com/mbb/image/148013501_
(http://www.pbase.com/mbb/image/148013501)

To see better  the differences between these 2 GBBGs see photos from  TCD:
_http://www.pbase.com/mbb/great_blackbacked_gull__texas_city_dike_121812_
(http://www.pbase.com/mbb/great_blackbacked_gull__texas_city_dike_121812)

Mark B Bartosik
Houston, Texas