[texbirds] Tule lake and port/refinery area Corpus

  • From: Brush Freeman <brushfreeman@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "texbirds@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <Texbirds@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 13 Aug 2015 21:47:50 -0500

.
Nice islands of habitat, more birds than I have permission to Ebird but
could find little birding info for this area ...there are some playas
slathered with shorebirds some available from roadsides. We had no scope
as we had other directives. North of Tule Lk and east the highway has
miles long waiting lines of hundreds of trucks waiting to dump grain at
the port, this area is busy. Highlights for me so far include all the
migrant Orchard Orioles, Prairie Warbler, Anis, both Night-Herons, empids ,
Long-billed Thrashers, shorebirds out the yang etc. Eventually at some
point we can Ebird a whole list...I made a start.

Brush Freeman
503-551-5150 Cell
120 N. Red Bud Trail. Elgin, Tx. 78621
http://texasnaturenotes.blogspot.com/