[texbirds] Tuesday Bird Walk @ Edinburg World Birding Center, Hidalgo Co.

  • From: Javier Gonzalez <javsterkayak7@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: texbirds@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 18 Feb 2014 12:36:51 -0600

I forgot to mention that we had our weekly Tuesday Bird Walk this morning.
The highlights being the singing TROPICAL PARULA in the Forest Trail and a
VERDIN on the main grounds. The Green and Ringed Kingfishers were not seen
during our walk, but other visitors reported seeing them at the North Pond.
Bird Walks happen every Tuesday morning starting at 8:30am.
Here's our list:

Edinburg Scenic Wetlands WBC (LTC 061), Hidalgo, US-TX
Feb 18, 2014 8:30 AM - 10:00 AM
Protocol: Traveling
1.0 mile(s)
Comments:     Tuesday morning bird walk covering North Pond and main ground
gardens.
39 species

Black-bellied Whistling-Duck  100
Mottled Duck  1
Ring-necked Duck  6
Lesser Scaup  20
Plain Chachalaca  5
Pied-billed Grebe  2
Neotropic Cormorant  10
Double-crested Cormorant  6
American White Pelican  6
Great Blue Heron  4
Great Egret  2
Snowy Egret  5
Tricolored Heron  3
Black-crowned Night-Heron  5
Turkey Vulture  2
Osprey  1
Common Gallinule  3
American Coot  15
Mourning Dove  2
Inca Dove  2
Buff-bellied Hummingbird  2
Golden-fronted Woodpecker  1
Great Kiskadee  3
White-eyed Vireo  5
Verdin  1
House Wren  2
Blue-gray Gnatcatcher  4
Ruby-crowned Kinglet  7
Curve-billed Thrasher  2
Long-billed Thrasher  3
Northern Mockingbird  1
Black-and-white Warbler  1
Orange-crowned Warbler  6
Nashville Warbler  1
Tropical Parula  1     Heard singing first from within the Forest Trail
then seen clearly!! Everyone in                               the party had
great views!!
Yellow-rumped Warbler (Myrtle)  10
Olive Sparrow  2
Northern Cardinal  6