[texbirds] Re: Trumpeter Swan

  • From: Tracey Su <tracey.su@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "Florence H. King" <flo.h.king@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 27 Dec 2014 12:14:12 -0600

Here are some shots of the juvenile? trumpeter swan at Grants Lake in Sugar
Land Dec 23rd afternoon:
https://plus.google.com/photos/117094773502533448337/albums/6097580177702935553?authkey=CLvg7tHtz4Gf3QE
I've returned every day since then and have not seen it again.

On Sat, Dec 27, 2014 at 11:38 AM, Florence H. King <flo.h.king@xxxxxxxxx>
wrote:

> I had not heard that there was a Trumpeter Swan near Sugar Land.  Are there
> photos?  Really rare to be here.  Lots of excitement around the state when
> the Trumpeter was found here in The Woodlands with photos sent off to
> experts in the north for verification.
>
> Brendon, yesterday I talked to one of the birders near Lakeside Park who
> has
> been keeping up with the Trumpeter there.  First of all, the swan seems to
> be moving around a lot--sometimes to the east toward the reservoir dam and
> sometimes to the west behind the islands.  I believe it had been seen in
> the
> last couple of days.  However, with all of the rain, evidently it is hard
> get to some of the good viewing areas.  Most of my best views have been
> toward the west, by going west at the end of the trail, through the picnic
> tables, and then through the "woods" toward the lake.
>
> Florence H King
> flo.h.king@xxxxxxxxx

Regards,
Tracey