[texbirds] This Friday Cin-Ty Lee to talk about shorebirds at Kleb Woods nature center

  • From: "Collins, Fred (Commissioner Pct. 3)" <Fred_Collins@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: Texbirds <texbirds@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 13 Nov 2012 22:58:15 +0000

Dear all,
Cin-Ty Lee will be here this Friday from 9-11 AM to present a program titled
Shorebird identification: from the feather to gestalt
Dr. Lee is a professor at Rice University and has written numerous articles on
bird identification for several national publications. He has authored several
in Birding Magazine. His favored group is shorebirds and few people understand
the plumage sequences and finer points of the group's identification better
than he. I would suggest you look up his article on Dowitcher identification.
After you read or re-read it you will certainly understand why you want to hear
this program. The talk will be informal with plenty of time to ask questions.
In additions to his great photographs we will have a number of shorebird
specimens from the Texas Cooperative Wildlife Collection on hand to further
illustrate the identification points he will make. I hope you will join us for
this great program.

The program is at Kleb Woods Nature Center
20303 Draper Road, Tomball, TX 77377

The program is free and all are welcome.

Please pass this email along to anyone you think would be interested.

Fred Collins
             (281) 357-5324
Director: Kleb Woods Nature Center
             Cypress Top Historical Park