[texbirds] Thank You texbirders!

  • From: "Jyrki Normaja" <jyrki.normaja@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <texbirds@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 12 May 2014 21:19:16 +0300

Dear texbirders,
I joined this mailing list only a few weeks ago, when I suddenly decided with a
friend of mine to spend Apr 17th-26th in Upper Texas Coast.
We visited, of course, High Island several times, Sabine Woods, Rollover Pass,
Bolivar Flats, Lafitte Cove, Brazos Bend State Park etc., just to name a few of
the many sites visited.
I would like to take this opportunity to say thanks for all the kindness, hints
and help we received from local birders during our trip. You are absolutely
wonderful people!
During our trip, we recorded 213 species, including many interesting species
(waders in particular) for a visiting European birder. We even saw the Ruff at
Anahuac, but for some reason we were not quite as excited of that bird as many
of you seemed to be... There are some images from our trip at
http://jyrkinormaja.1g.fi/kuvat/Matkat+Trips/USA+-+Texas+IV+2014/. Time
allowing, new photos will be added to the folder irregularly during next couple
of months.
It was a great trip to Texas – hope to return one day!
Jyrki Normaja
Mr Jyrki Normaja
jyrki.normaja@xxxxxxxxxx
Chairman, Rarities Committee Finland