[texbirds] Texbirds is great!

  • From: antshrike1@xxxxxxx
  • To: texbirds@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 31 Mar 2013 17:11:39 -0400 (EDT)

First I would like to thank David Sarkozi for his many years of service to
Texbirds.  Maybe there's some boring posts, but the Texbirds listserve is many
times superior to any other birding listserve out there.  Just take a look at
them on the ABA listserve page.  Most of them are worse than Facebook with
posts consisting of inane comments like "cool" and "me too".  I have mixed
feelings about yard lists.  I like seeing how the reports reflect the season's
migration acros our huge state.  I feel sorry (or envious?) for posters getting
excited about cardinals and GBH's.  I bet if they got out more they would see
some really neat stuff.  My pet peeve are the self righteous, politically
correct, accusorial garbage posts.

But there's a solution to boring.  Just set your Texbirds account to "no mail"
and read from the archives.  You can pick and choose what you like.

Dan Jones, Weslaco