[texbirds] Texas Parks and Wildlife Funding....

  • From: Jack Eitniear <jackeitniear@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: texbirds@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 14 Sep 2012 08:53:31 -0700 (PDT)

Texbirders
You should be aware that before TPWD can spend ANY of the income from hunting
licenses and park useage the Texas State Legislature has to approve the TPWD
budget.Due to the mandate that the State has a balanced budget the legislature
has not allowed TPWD to spend significant portions of its financial holdings.
They are using the funds to balance the budget! I do not want to belabor this
point on a birding forum but if we are to encourage people to provide income to
the state for parks etc. we need to be aware of how the system works! PART of
the problem is not that they do not have funds but that they are not allowed to
spend what they have!
Now back to birding!
Jack Clinton EitniearSan Antonio, Texas

 jce@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
"We will be known forever by the tracks we leave" Dakota Indian Saying

Date: Fri, 14 Sep 2012 06:41:27 -0500
Subject: [texbirds] Duck stamps and texas refuges
From: josephkennedy36@xxxxxxxxx
To: texbirds@xxxxxxxxxxxxx

Now is a good time for all birders to buy their duck stamp for the year and
help purchase more wildlife land in Texas. The stamp fund just purchased
another 1,400 or so acres at San Bernard Refuge as well as land for the Trinity
River Refuge. The fund has previously purchased much of the refuge land in the
state. Get it at your post office or sporting goods store. Forty years from now
you will be able to sell it on ebay for a big profit too.

--
Joseph C. Kennedy
on Buffalo Bayou in West Houston