[texbirds] Texas City report - Western Tanagers & more

  • From: Monte <monte.phillips@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: texbirds@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 01 Dec 2013 14:24:15 -0600

Baystreet Park/Tarpey  Texas city, TX

1 pair of Western Tanagers
1 Yellow Rumped Warbler
1 Orange Crown Warbler
several Grackles Great and common
1 Broadtailed Hawk
Herring and Ring Billed gulls
Gadwalls
American Coots
Northern Shovelers
Brown and White pelicans (flyovers)
1 Male Mallard with 2 Blue Swede females(domestic)
2 Belted Kingfisher west of the park on the seawall.

Almost all of these were observed at or near the Duck Habitat about
midway in the park.

got pics, but not great if anyone wants one I can put them up in my
public dropbox.

Monte Phillips
Texas City

--
Monte
The man who is a pessimist before 48 knows too much; if he is an optimist after