[texbirds] Surprise for the Hockey's

  • From: Brush Freeman <brushfreeman@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: texbirds@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 2 Oct 2012 16:17:53 -0500

 Been a lot of talk about them so thought this might be of interest.... I
was laying on the upstairs couch sound asleep with the door open and a cool
dry breeze...I was dreaming I was hearing an Ani when suddenly WTH!...I
busted awake realizing it was not a dream and was close.  I sat up in the
couch and SAS there was one on the balcony railing calling away every 30
seconds or so..It was not 15 feet away from  the big windows...Crap!...My
camera was downstairs.   I had no way but one out of the upstairs so had to
scare the Ani off.....But it did not go far.  I got a couple of photos in
the back yard then a few more on the neighbor's roof nearby

https://picasaweb.google.com/BrushFreeman/PetraSAni02?authkey=Gv1sRgCJyvpNzjg634qQE#

And as a plus while I was out in the neighbor's yard I saw and heard a
Yellow-throated Warbler in a palm and in the saltcedar a Palm Warbler my
FOF!

But very, very best of all an E. Phoebe in the yard.

  Now the way I/we see it , there are these huge tasty chocolate cookies in
the form of the hawkwatch in Corpus to the west and another at Smith Point
to the north...Here in Calhoun and , Aransas we comprise the prized creamy
vanilla goodness in the middle.

--
Brush Freeman
Independent and affiliated Field Biologist