[texbirds] Sugar Land migrant grounding last night

  • From: Mark Scheuerman <mark.scheuerman@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: TexBirds <texbirds@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 12 May 2012 18:36:32 -0500

Texbirders,

Sugar Land also had tremendous numbers of migrants today. The
Brazos River bottom behind my house was alive with warbler and other
migrants songs and calls as well as the almost deafening chorus of happy
frogs in the vernal oxbow behind my house. I tallied 85 species in my
"patch" this am in about 3 hrs including my 2nd ever Black-billed Cuckoo
and 3rd ever Olive-sided Flycatcher. 14 species of warblers. Only twice
before in over 12 years here have there been so many birds! The list totals
are conservative! See eBird list below.

Mark Scheuerman
Sugar Land, TX

Riverpark (Sugar Land), Fort Bend, US-TX