[texbirds] Striped Sparrow today Jan 29 update.

  • From: Brush Freeman <brushfreeman@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "texbirds@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <Texbirds@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 29 Jan 2015 20:37:58 -0600

.
Subject bird was seen today, Thurs Jan 29, by seven of seven birders
between 2:30 and 4:30pm.  We were all west of the No Dumping sign and
looking east with the sun behind us.  Bird was on the north side of road
approximately across from  the No Dumping sign.  We were about 150 ft back
and were using a scope and binoculars.  Bird was both on the road and in
the scrub/ small trees across from the No Dumping sign.  Excellent,
prolonged views by most, but all saw and identified the Striped Sparrow.
Good luck to your friends from Denver.
Wallace Lowry  Temple ,Texas
Brush Freeman
503-551-5150 Cell