[texbirds] Re: Striped Sparrow RFI

  • From: Tim Fennell <tfennell@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "texbirds@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <Texbirds@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>, brushfreeman@xxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 27 Jan 2015 18:02:10 -0800

Brush,

Good luck on this one! I took the long way home from work today and went by the
Striped Sparrow spot about 3:15. What a zoo! Four cars were parked in the
eastbound lane (nobody in them). Two barely had two wheels off the road and the
other two were parked like they were in a driveway, completely blocking the
eastbound lane! And on a curve! More cars and observers were further east. The
Striped Sparrow might have had 50 yards of roadway to run the "gauntlet"
between the observers. I turned around without stopping. I'd be surprised to
hear that the bird was seen today (but hope it was). I won't be surprised if
the Constables shut this one down. Thought about calling them myself.
Incredible!

Cheers,
Tim Fennell
Round Rock, TX (15 miles north of Austin)

 Subject: [texbirds] Striped Sparrow RFI
 To: "texbirds@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <Texbirds@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
 Date: Tuesday, January 27, 2015, 6:19 PM

 .
 A very good friend is driving from the Denver area Thursday
 specifically to
 see the Striped Sparrow and can spend Friday and Saturday
 there if need
 be...Updates to here or the Texbirds FB. would be very much
 appreciated as
 to the bird's ongoing status.
 Brush Freeman
 503-551-5150 Cell
 120 N. Red Bud Trail. Elgin, Tx. 78621
 http://texasnaturenotes.blogspot.com/
 Finca Alacranes., Utley,Texas

 Reposting of traffic from TEXBIRDS is prohibited without
 seeking permission