[texbirds] Re: Stillhouse Hollow Res - negative report

  • From: Brush Freeman <brushfreeman@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "gcwarbler@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <gcwarbler@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 17 Jun 2015 12:39:53 -0500

I have been searching for Red-footed Booby and White-tailed Tropicbirds
around town and the bay almost hourly but it never stops raining for long.
Petra saw an unidentified sulid over the bay this morning but could not ID
it.....There are a lot of Barn Swallows at the shrimp/oyster packing
place...Seems odd as they don't breed here much so I guess maybe post
breeders or migrants. Four Fulvous. Streets are pretty well flooded.
White Ibis in yard feeding like so many chickens. Wanting the rain to stop
so I can get out.
Brush Freeman
503-551-5150 Cell
120 N. Red Bud Trail. Elgin, Tx. 78621
http://texasnaturenotes.blogspot.com/
Finca Alacranes., Utley,Texas

On Wed, Jun 17, 2015 at 11:30 AM, Brush Freeman <brushfreeman@xxxxxxxxx>
wrote:

Too far west. Wrong side of storm. :-)

Sent from my iPhone

On Jun 17, 2015, at 11:04 AM, Chuck Sexton <gcwarbler@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
wrote:

After finding a Caspian Tern at Granger a few hrs ago, I've relocated to
Stillhouse Hollow Res (Overlook Park) but find NO coastal birds (10:30 -
11:00 a.m.).

Chuck Sexton
Austin

Sent from my clay tablet.

Reposting of traffic from TEXBIRDS is prohibited without seeking
permission