[texbirds] St. Edwards Park -- Sunday 5th

  • From: Elliott Gordon <tengalloncat@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: TexBirds <texbirds@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 5 May 2013 12:26:36 -0500

Laura Lefler and I were captivated by the spectacle this morning. Quick
note: she also had a female Rose-breasted Grosbeak and a Black-and-white
Warbler, I had a possible Bell's Vireo (heard, but not well enough to
exclude a White-eyed Vireo) and Bushtit.
4 vireo species (missed Philadelphia and Yellow-throated)
10 warbler species (Blue-winged, Chesnut-sided, Blackburnian, both
Waterthrush)
Black-headed Grosbeak (two in willows, check north of dam)
Indigo and Painted Buntings
Baltimore Oriole (flew over early on)

http://www.flickr.com/photos/gordonbird/ More cooperative Downy Woodpeckers

Elliott Gordon