[texbirds] St. Edwards Park -- Sunday 24th

  • From: Elliott Gordon <tengalloncat@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: TexBirds <texbirds@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 24 Mar 2013 11:07:37 -0500

I was out this morning, early in the cold and wind, with Dan Smith, Laura
Lefler, and Theresa Bayoud (apologies for misspellings). We made our way
down to the dam and found a singing White-eyed Vireo and a stunning Spotted
Towhee. Making our way north along the creek, we flushed a Yellow-crowned
Night-Heron, then Theresa got some great pictures after it landed. It
was mostly
quiet except for the Blue-gray Gnatcatchers and Ruby-crowned Kinglets,
and aHermitThrush or two were browsing
leaf litter.
Back by the parking lot were a couple of Bewick's Wrens and a flock of
Chipping Sparrows. Theresa found a singing Golden-cheeked Warbler shortly
down the trail starting north of the lot (opposite the kiosk). I got close
views of two Black-crested Titmice and a Red-breasted Nuthatch put in a
short appearance.

I hope to see some of you on the trails soon.

Elliott M. Gordon
Austin, TX