[texbirds] St. Edwards Park, NW Austin, Travis Co. 3/20/14 - first of season Louisiana Waterthrushes

  • From: Rich Kostecke <rkost73@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Texbirds <texbirds@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 20 Mar 2014 14:26:17 -0700 (PDT)

I spent a little time this morning at St. Edwards Park, NW Austin, Travis Co.,
hiking from the NW end down to the main parking area and back.  Highlights were
my first of season Louisiana Waterthrushes (widely separated along the creek),
as well as a definite influx of Blue-Gray Gnatcatchers, greater numbers of
Golden-cheeked Warblers (including several easily viewable males and a very
inquisitive female), and a smattering of species like Black-chinned
Hummingbird, Northern Rough-winged Swallows, and White-eyed Vireos.  Lots of
winter stuff still present, too.  I did not hear or see the Hutton's Vireos.
Turkey Vulture  3
Cooper's Hawk  1
White-winged Dove  9
Mourning Dove  2