[texbirds] Sparrow classes at Kleb Woods Nature Center

  • From: "Collins, Fred (Commissioner Pct. 3)" <Fred_Collins@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: "1 Texbirds (texbirds@xxxxxxxxxxxxx)" <texbirds@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 18 Feb 2014 19:42:35 +0000

The birding classes at Kleb continue with the 3-part sparrow identification
workshop beginning tomorrow afternoon. The class instructors are Fred Collins
and Kendra Kocab. The classes are from 1:30-3:00 PM. They are free and no
reservations are required.
The classes will cover the regularly occurring species of the Upper Texas
Coast. We will review field marks, look at photographs and talk about the
different types of habitat used by each species. We will also recommend
specific places to find each species.

Tomorrow's class (Feb, 19) will be on the larger sparrows: Towhees, Fox, Lark
and the Zonotrichia genus.
Part 2 will be the medium striped sparrows; Feb 26.
Part 3 will be the big-grass loving species; March 4.

You are welcome to join the regular Wednesday morning bird walk, adjourn for
lunch and then return for the afternoon class. All programs and activities at
Kleb Woods are free and compliments of Commissioner Steve Radack.

Fred Collins, Director
Kleb Woods Nature Center
20303 Draper Road,Tomball TX 77377

Harris County Precinct 3