[texbirds] Sparrow Weekender--Dec 6-8, Georgetown, TX

  • From: "Jim Hailey" <irasciblej@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "TOS" <TOS-list@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, "Texbirds" <texbirds@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 13 Aug 2013 10:54:53 -0500

It is official the Sparrow Weekender will be held in Georgetown, Texas on
the weekend of December 6-8.  I have finally secured a host hotel and made
arrangements for a classroom to hold the education sessions.  I already have
several individuals who have expressed a desire to participate so if you are
interested please let me know.  See below.

The last official TOS event for 2013 will be a workshop on sparrows taught
by Lee Hoy in Williamson County (Georgetown/Round Rock) .  Lee has taught
<http://texasbirds.org/> classes for Travis Audubon and Williamson Audubon
Group.  He is an excellent teacher and a great field guide.  He is both
knowledgeable and interesting.  As with the other Weekender programs there
will be classroom sessions in the evening, followed by field work to put
that knowledge to practical use the following day. Central Texas host a
large wintering population of sparrows with as many as 20 species possible,
so you will haves the opportunity to observe these LBJ's in the field.  As
with the other Weekender's, TOS members will be given priority.
<http://texasbirds.org/> Accommodations information will be provided those
who sign up.   If you want to participate in this Weekender, please contact
Jim Hailey at  <mailto:irasciblej@xxxxxxxxx> irasciblej@xxxxxxxxx.  The
class will be limited to a maximum of 30 participants and some have already
reserved their space, so act now to secure a spot.  Cost will be $75.00 per
participant.

Jim Hailey

President

Texas Ornithological Society