[texbirds] South Padre "odd" sparrow

  • From: Stan DeOrsey <jsmd@xxxxxxx>
  • To: texbirds@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 04 Apr 2013 20:50:26 -0500

Dan Jones posted the note below with links to two of his great photos of
the odd bird which no one has explained. I do disagree with Dan that the
orange / red on the head was pollen or a sticky substance, I believe it
was the color of the feathers, much too even and nothing stuck to it,
the bird is clean.  But what is it? The size is Chipping / Clay-colored
size.

Thank you, Dan for posting the photos.

--
Stan DeOrsey  jsmd@xxxxxxx