[texbirds] Some Lubbock Incidentals from the weekend

  • From: Anthony Hewetson <terrverts@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "texbirds@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <texbirds@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>, "leas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <leas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 29 May 2012 06:21:59 -0700 (PDT)

Greetings All:

Over the weekend I saw a few interesting critters in Lubbock.

On Friday (25 May) and Monday (28 May) I saw one Great Egret on what is left of
the old island at Maxey Park.

On Monday (28 May) I saw one Snowy Egret at Whisperwood Pond.

On Monday (28 May) Martin Campbell and I saw a subadult Harris's Hawk (possibly
a 'helper at the nest') over the field just west of the TTU HSC.  So far as I
know the nearest nest still has nestlings in it and this bird was fully
flighted and hunting  - I don't think that it is one of this year's crop.

On Monday (28 May) I saw a Spotted Sandpiper at Whisperwood Pond.

On Monday (28 May) I saw a Yellow Warbler on the TTU HSC campus.

Anthony 'Fat Tony' Hewetson; Lubbock