[texbirds] Sole Texas highlight from trip to see Piratic Flycatcher

  • From: Anthony Hewetson <terrverts@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "texbirds@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <texbirds@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>, "leas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <leas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 24 Sep 2012 06:52:20 -0700 (PDT)

Greetings All:

Aveline Hewetson and I made the long drive to Rattlesnake Springs, New Mexico,
yesterday.  We did see the Piratic Flycatcher (ABA bird #656 for me - WooHoo!).

Not nearly as incredible but still noteworthy: 2 Cassin's Kingbirds near
Wellman, Terry County, Texas.  Western Kingbirds pretty much left the region
2-3 weeks ago ... and I can't help but wonder if any of our historical mid-late
September records of Western Kingbird were actually Cassin's Kingbird?

Anthony 'Fat Tony' Hewetson; Lubbock