[texbirds] So - are "backyard sightings" a valuable submission to Texbirds?

  • From: mtwoman <mtwoman@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: z-Texbirds <texbirds@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 30 Mar 2013 07:49:41 -0500

I am not a scientist or professional bird watcher/counter/identifier. The
birds I see here (Horseshoe Bend, Weatherford, Parker County, Texas) are
generally the usual kind, and I have sometimes wondered if Texbirds even
wants to know that I'm seeing Blue Jays or House Sparrows, etc. Then I
think that, especially with the changes in migration patterns and so on, it
might be ok/good to know even what 'usual' birds are around and when, or
not.
I occasionally have something "different" to post (like the recent
Caracara), but not often.

This is a sincere question. Do posts about 'simple', 'usual' backyard birds
help? Or are they just clutter?

Tzila "Z" Duenzl
Horseshoe Bend, Weatherford, Parker County, Texas