[texbirds] Snowy Egrets and Harris's Hawks in Lubbock

  • From: Anthony Hewetson <terrverts@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "texbirds@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <texbirds@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>, "leas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <leas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 24 Dec 2012 12:12:36 -0800 (PST)

Greetings All:
While I realize that these sightings will not be interest to folks living in
portions of Texas that support wintering populations of these two species, the
vast majority of Texas is not within these two species winter ranges and,
therefore, I feel it appropriate to post them to texbirds.

There were three Snowy Egrets at Maxey Park this morning.

There are still at least three Harris's Hawks - all adult plumage - on or near
the TTU Rangelands.

Anthony 'Fat Tony' Hewetson; Lubbock