[texbirds] Smith Point Hawk Tower 11/14/12

  • From: DHanson139@xxxxxxx
  • To: texbirds@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 14 Nov 2012 19:04:44 -0500 (EST)

I slipped off down to the Hawk Tower this afternoon to visit Tony since he
will be leaving soon and tomorrow the Hawk Watch ends. It was not real busy
but  a few good birds showed up. Including the Black-chinned Hummingbird
that came to  feed a few times and one adult Bald Eagle. List is below.

pictures of Hummer and Belted Kingfisher on the side of the road going
home.
_http://hansonnaturephotography.smugmug.com/Nature/Texas-Birds/17293655_vKBN
QB#!i=2215961801&k=RHrnqnM_
(http://hansonnaturephotography.smugmug.com/Nature/Texas-Birds/17293655_vKBNQB#!i=2215961801&k=RHrnqnM)

List
Bald Eagle
Broad-winged Hawk
Red-tailed Hawk
Sharp-shinned Hawk
Turkey Vultures
Brown Pelican
Great Blue Heron
White-crowned Sparrow
White-throated Sparrow
House Wren
Eastern Phoebe
N Mockingbird
Am Goldfinches
Black-chinned Hummingbird
Yellow-rumped Warbler

On the way down I saw at least 6 Am Kestrels and 5 Red-tailed Hawks

David Hanson
Baytown/Mont Belvieu Area
Chambers Co.