[texbirds] Shipp Lk. Bastrop Co.(local)

  • From: Brush Freeman <brushfreeman@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "texbirds@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <Texbirds@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 1 May 2013 22:09:47 -0500

*************************************************************************************************************
  I have not been there but have been told that after the Smithville area
got an isolated 5" rainfall earlier in the month the lake is containing
much water (tho not sure if it is full)...I have not been there to see and
likely won't  be...Those that make the rounds and post here will be in
short supply most of May and some of us well into June, but it is worth
checking out for Purple Gallinules, Masked and Torrent Ducks, Sun Grebes
and Short-tailed Hawks :-)  etc.   July could finally bring some Wood
Storks and many Ibis back.  The thing has been dry since early 2011 at
least.
Brush Freeman
361-655-7641 Cell
http://texasnaturenotes.blogspot.com/