[texbirds] Second edition of TOS Handbook listed.

  • From: Brush Freeman <brushfreeman@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "texbirds@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <Texbirds@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 20 Dec 2013 14:13:03 -0600

In the event you wish to pre-order the second edition of the TOS  Handbook
is now listed on Amazon at
http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_noss?url=search-alias%3Daps&field-keywords=Tos+handbook+of+Texas+birds+second+edition&rh=i%3Aaps%2Ck%3ATos+handbook+of+Texas+birds+second+edition

And also will be available via TAMU Press and other major booksellers.
While the release date is listed as March 12, I have learned that that by
pre-ordering I have several times rec'ed books well in advance of the
release date listed, but no promises there.

   If ordering the second edition make sure it is the one with the
Scissortail on the cover.  This publication has increased in size from the
first edition that was 261pgs to 554 pages, in the second edition. More
than doubled in size.  First editions are still available for collectors.
Available in both hardback and "paper back" with flaps....There is however
a limited printing of the hard copies, with only 200 I believe, so on those
you may well wish to pre-order

  All royalties go to Texas Ornithological Society and this is pretty much
the TBRC annotated "checklist" PLUS as published once a decade
Brush Freeman
503-551-5150 Cell
http://texasnaturenotes.blogspot.com/
Finca Alacranes., Utley,Texas