[texbirds] San Antonio CBC, preliminary results

  • From: Sheridan Coffey <sngcanary@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: SATXbirds <SATXbirds@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, Texbirds - Email <texbirds@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 16 Dec 2012 17:40:35 -0800 (PST)

Dear all,
We drug ourselves in after finishing the San Antonio Audubon Society Christmas
Count.  We had a really good day, with a preliminary total of 156, which was
five species better than last year. I still am waiting for a couple of lists,
so it could go higher.
Highlights included TWO Tropical Parulas, Common Paraque, Long-billed Curlew,
American Woodcock and Burrowing Owl. We had 14 species of shorebirds, including
Solitary Sandpiper and Stilt Sandpiper. I will post a more complete report
after I get all of the count data back.

Sheridan Coffey
San Antonio, Tx
http://sngcanary1.blogspot.com/