[texbirds] Sabine Woods Friday April 19

  • From: Carolyn Dill <carolyn_dill@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: texbirds@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 19 Apr 2013 18:37:58 -0700 (PDT)

I spent all day from 7:30 a.m. to 5 p.m. at Sabine Woods.
Truelly a great fall out day, with a bird on every branch and no two alike
at some times. Started out 48 degrees, got up to 58 at noon and 68 by late
afternoon. Windy at times and various in cloud cover as well. This cold
front brought down the birds.
I would like to add to Berner Family's list what I saw, which were
the same as theirs but here are some additional:

Cape May warbler, 1st winter female
Golden winged Warbler
Kentucky Warbler
Blackburnian Warbler
Great Crested Flycatcher
Merlin
Blue headed Vireo
Philadelphia Vireo
Chipping Sparrow (weedlot to the north)
male Western Tanager, at beehive

Dickcissel and Savannah at McFadden.
Caracara and Western Kingbird along the road.

Carolyn Dill
Houston