[texbirds] SPI (Cameron Co.) migrants on 14 Sep 2014

  • From: "bradmckinney@xxxxxxxx" <bradmckinney@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: texbirds@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 15 Sep 2014 21:55:25 GMT

Good afternoon, Yesterday, I had 10 warblers between the South Padre Island
Valley Land Fund Sheepshead woodlots and the Convention Center. Best warbler
was Worm-eating, but most interesting was a first fall female Nashville Warbler
that bore a striking resemblance to Virginia's Warbler. Try as I might, I could
not turn the bird into the latter species. The underparts seemed good for
Virginia's but there was no hiding the olive green wing coverts and flight
feather edges. A few images of the bird can be seen at the link below. The bird
preferred the SW corner between the boardwalk and the wooden benches.
http://s1090.photobucket.com/user/bradmckinney/library/South%20Padre%20Island%20Convention%20Center%2014%20Sep%202014
 Thanks to Mary Gustafson for pointing me in the right direction with the ID.
Warblers seen throughout the afternoon included: Worm-eating Warbler
(1)Northern Waterthrush (3)Black-and-white Warbler (2)Nashville Warbler
(1)Mourning Warbler (2)Hooded Warbler (1)American Redstart (3)- all female
plumagedYellow Warbler (14)Canada Warbler (2)Wilson's Warbler (4) There were
also decent numbers of empids and Eastern Kingbirds, a couple of Great-crested
Flycatchers, Yellow-billed Cuckoo (1), Summer Tanager (1), Indigo Bunting (1),
and a Baltimore Oriole (1). Good birding!Brad McKinneyRancho Viejo
The End of the &#34;Made-In-China&#34; Era
The impossible &#40;but real&#41; technology that could make you impossibly
rich.
http://thirdpartyoffers.juno.com/TGL3141/5417608ba639f608b54b9st02vuc