[texbirds] SPI

  • From: DON BESTE <bestedm@xxxxxxx>
  • To: Texbirds <texbirds@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 20 May 2012 06:11:28 +0000

Today I spent most of the day at the Convention Center on South Padre Island.
I didn't see anyone post anything for this area, so thought I would share what
I did see.  I am not great at identifying Empids/flycatchers, but I know there
were several different kinds represented. I also hesitate to identify the
various thrushes there at least 4 different kinds that I could make out.  The
other birds seen and photographed are as follows: Yellow-billed Cuckoo
(1)Indigo Buntings, female (2)Orchard Oriole, female (1)Hooded Oriole, young
male (1)Ruby-throated Hummingbird (4)Red-eyed Vireo (2)Philadelphia Vireo
(1)Tropical or Couch's Kingbird (1)Long-billed Thrasher (1)Gray Catbird
(2)Yellow Warbler, male (1)Magnolia Warbler, male (1) female (2)Chestnut-sided
Warbler (1)Blackburnian Warbler, male (1) female (1)Yellow-throated Warbler
(1)Northern Waterthrush (2)American Redstart, female (1) I hope this list helps
anyone wondering if there is anything left out there. Mary BesteEdinburg, TX