[texbirds] Rusty Blackbirds - Harris County- Sheldon Lake - Garrett Rd

  • From: Nina Rach <nrach@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: TexBirds <texbirds@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 3 Mar 2015 22:31:18 +0000 (UTC)

About 12:15 pm today, was very surprised to see and hear a mixed flock of
blackbirds on the north side of Sheldon Lake. There were at least four Rusty
Blackbirds, and many more Red-winged Blackbirds, in the flooded mixed forest on
the north side of Garrett Road. I first heard them when I was parked in the
pullout on the south side, just east of the bridge. I followed them for about
15 minutes. Very vocal.
Nina Rach