[texbirds] Ruby throated Hummingbird, Rough legged Hawk, GH Owl

  • From: "Michael Lindsey" <m_lndsy@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "TexBirds" <texbirds@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 5 Mar 2013 20:05:38 -0600

I have not seen the two Rufous Hummers at my feeder for several days now,
but had a Ruby throat show up yesterday evening and again this evening.

Sunday I checked on the Rough legged Hawk on Galveston and it is alive and
well and still working the same area.

Also came upon the Great Horned Owl nest in Brazoria County. The owlet looks
great. Both adults were nearby, vocalizing from time to time. The female
finally came in to the nest just after the sun set (thank God for image
stabilization and RAW). I posted a few shots at the link below.

http://www.pbase.com/mlndsy/inbox

Happy birding to all,

Michael Lindsey

Pearland