[texbirds] Roy Guerrero River Park Austin

  • From: Dan Smith <dan@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "texbirds@xxxxxxxxxxxxx Maillist" <texbirds@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 23 Dec 2013 13:20:01 -0600

This morning I drove over to RGRP to see if I could spot the reported Brown
Pelican. When I got out of the car near the Park headquarters at about 8:45, a
flock of 15 White Pelicans lifted off the river, formed up, and headed
downstream. No Brown Pelican was in the flock, and I did not see any more
pelicans. There were good numbers of ducks, but nothing unusual. Going back to
my car, I had an Osprey with its breakfast heading off upstream to dine.

I also checked the area immediately below Longhorn Dam. There were more than 50
Lesser Scaup and 3 male Bufflehead - always a treat even if common.

Dan Smith
dan@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
512-451-2632
http://www.wordsmithofaustin.com