[texbirds] Ring-necked Ducks

  • From: DHanson139@xxxxxxx
  • To: janhanson2@xxxxxxx, gayyork@xxxxxxxxxxxx, galornsoc@xxxxxxxxxxxxx, samahurin@xxxxxxxxxxx, greenh2o@xxxxxxxxx, sdbuckel@xxxxxxx, cdmoore3@xxxxxxxxx, ackandler@xxxxxxxxxxx, bloodsworth@xxxxxxxxxxxxx, upupa@xxxxxxxxxxx, b_comisky@xxxxxxxxx, ray.porter314@xxxxxxxxx, tzinneman@xxxxxxxxxxx, DReedster@xxxxxxx, wehamilton@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, hamilton.barb@xxxxxxxxx, brendawson@xxxxxxx, chickadeejt@xxxxxxxxx, texbirds@xxxxxxxxxxxxx, jr_ridgway@xxxxxxxxx, aaodonel@xxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 9 Jan 2013 08:33:21 -0500 (EST)

I didn't get to bird much yesterday but when we headed to town we  noticed
the Ring-necked Ducks are back where they spent last winter. Between 99  the
Grand Parkway and Fm-3180 on FM-565s in Chambers Co. There is a ditch/canal
 on the North side of the road that as you are heading East eventually
turns and  goes North. They seem to hang around right there where it turns most
of the time  but can be found some times on the part parallel to FM-565s. Of
note there was a  beautiful male Am Widgeon hanging out with 7 of the
Ring-necked Ducks  yesterday.

David Hanson
Baytown/Mont Belvieu Area
Chambers Co