[texbirds] Rice University - Bell's Vireo and others continue

  • From: C-T Lee <cintylee@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "texbirds@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <texbirds@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 15 Aug 2013 20:32:15 -0500

Ron Weeks, Ben Van Allen and I had the Bell's vireo again in the same place
early this afternoon, this time going back and forth  between the crape
myrtle, large oak and the pomegranate bush.
migrants today included 1 upland sandpiper, 8 dickcissels, 1 orchard oriole
(first spotted by brad lirette), several yellow warblers, blue-gray
gnatcatchers, 1 least flycatcher, and 1 yellow-billed cuckoo.  all of these
were in the trees bordering O'Connor soccer field or flying over. We'll be
in the wake of the "cold" front tomorrow, which can be good.

C-T Lee
houston