[texbirds] Resaca de la Palma State Park - Saturday Bird Walk, All Three Kingfishers

  • From: Sherry Wilson <rollingsoles@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Texbirds <texbirds@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 16 Mar 2013 14:55:36 -0500

The Saturday bird walk started out with all three kingfishers at the first
bridge - a first for the winter.  We also had nice views of White-tailed
Kites at South Mexican Olive and Quail Loop.  Two Osprey were seen again
today at the far end of Quail Loop.  And finally, after hearing but not
seeing, we had some cooperative Couch's Kingbirds.  Today the Bewick's
Wrens were heard only.
--
Sherry Wilson
Resident Park Host

Bird Walks every Saturday - 8:30 a.m. - 11:00 a.m.
Butterfly Walks every Sunday - 1:30 p.m. - 2:30 p.m.
Night Hikes every Friday (must RSVP by 5:00 p.m. Thurs)  - small fee
Nature Tram Rides - Wednesday thru Sunday
(Visitor Center closed Mon/Tues)
 http://www.facebook.com/resacadelapalma

DIRECTIONS:  The main entrance to Resaca de la Palma State Park is located
on New Carmen Blvd. From Expressway 77/83, exit at Olmito, take FM 1732,
follow for 2.5 miles; turn left at New Carmen Road; follow for 1.5 miles;
shortly after the gravel hump in the road, turn left to enter the park.

*Learn how you can help Texas State Parks:*  http://bit.ly/sVdilb

45 species:
Gadwall  4
American Wigeon  4