[texbirds] Resaca de la Palma SP - Friday Birds

  • From: Sherry Wilson <rollingsoles@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Texbirds <texbirds@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 7 Feb 2014 15:13:20 -0600

Elbow bush is blooming throughout the park.  The small greenish flowers are
quite fragrant and definitely smell like spring!  Mistflower and Red salvia
are also in bloom.  All we need now is a little warm weather, because it
sure doesn't feel like spring.  The Black-headed Grosbeak was a no show
early morning.  Instead, a Red-shouldered Hawk was keeping a close eye on
activity and was probably successful in nabbing a White-tipped Dove.  My
toes were pretty chilly after half an hour so after checking the parking
islands and finding an Ovenbird near the large tram, I walked the back
section of the tram road, where birds were quite active but keeping low.
It should be warmer tomorrow.  Hope you'll join our Saturday bird walk!

Sherry Wilson
 Resident Park Host
Resaca de la Palma State Park
956-350-2920

*Nature Walks *Friday:  9:30 a.m. - 10:30 a.m.
*Bird Walks* Saturday:  8:30 a.m. - 10:30 a.m.
*Butterfly Walks* Sunday:  1:30 p.m. - 2:30 p.m.
*Night Hikes* last Friday of the month (RSVP by 5:00 p.m. Thurs)  - small
fee
*Nature Tram Rides*:  Wednesday thru Sunday
(Visitor Center closed Mon/Tues)
http://www.facebook.com/resacadelapalma

 28 species
Plain Chachalaca  4