[texbirds] Recycling old bird books and magazines

  • From: "Collins, Fred (Commissioner Pct. 3)" <Fred_Collins@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: "1 Texbirds (texbirds@xxxxxxxxxxxxx)" <texbirds@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 18 Jun 2014 19:43:29 +0000

Dear all,
Kleb Woods holds an annual Hummingbird Festival. It is free as are all of our
activities. This year it will be Saturday September 13. The highlight is Sumita
Prasad banding hummingbirds. A close second is Mary Ann Weber with her hawks
and owls. Last year we gave away our excess bird magazines and journals people
had donated to us in years past. We were very surprised that the free magazines
and other publications were so popular. We have away hundreds. We gave away all
we had. The clientele is mostly from NW Harris County, Waller, and SE
Montgomery County. For the majority it is their first time here and the first
nature event for them. It's a great family audience. We had 600 people attend
last year and expect an equal or larger crowd this year.

If you have bird or nature magazines or books you would like to have recycled
in this fashion please bring them to the nature center prior to Sept 13.

Fred Collins, Director
Kleb Woods Nature Center
20303 Draper Road,Tomball TX 77377

Harris County Precinct 3