[texbirds] Raptor behavior

  • From: Monte <monte.phillips@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: texbirds@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 11 Feb 2015 07:24:02 -0600

Sharp-shinned Hawk juv
Taken last Sunday in the backyard.  He had just extricated himself from
our Jasmine bush (a rather large tangle about 6'x6') sparrows hide it it
and apparently he decided to go 'dumpster diving' and got himself in to
far. Took about 5 minutes fro him to get loose. If a bird can look
embarrassed he did. This is where he lit right after escaping, actually
looking back at the evil bush.
He has been hanging around the Bird Buffet for 2-3 weeks now.  The Jay,
Dove, and Mockingbird population has noticeably diminished.
https://lh5.googleusercontent.com/-gDmQG2cNDyc/VNUjfuwdcVI/AAAAAAAAFd8/arnjfdz6EIk/s800/IMGL3340.jpg

--
Monte
https://picasaweb.google.com/monte.phillips