[texbirds] RFI, exotic birds in the Houston area

  • From: "Collins, Fred (Commissioner Pct. 3)" <Fred_Collins@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: "texbirds@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <texbirds@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 31 May 2012 14:42:23 +0000

On June 8, Kleb Woods Nature Center will be running a senior birding bus trip
from Kleb Woods Nature Center to locate a few of Houston's exotic birds. We
have good target locations for Peacock, Red-vented Bulbul, Orange Bishop and
some fair target locations for Nutmeg Manikin and Monk Parakeet. However,
current information of a reliable location for any of these species would be
appreciated. We would also chase other exotics if the trail is fresh. If you
have seen an exotic bird within the last two months in the greater Houston area
I would appreciate you sharing the information with me.

If you would like to join the trip, its free for seniors of 50 or more years.
Harris County residents are given priority but anyone is welcome. It will leave
Kleb Woods Nature Center at 8 a.m. and return about 6:30 p.m. We will eat lunch
at a restaurant in the Heights (hopefully shortly after bagging Red-Vented
Bulbul on Arora Street) so you need to bring money for lunch or pack one and
eat on the bus while the rest of us are in the restaurant.  We usually make a
morning and  afternoon snack/rest break as well.  Reservations are required so
contact me if you want to go.

Fred Collins
             (281) 357-5324
Director: Kleb Woods Nature Center