[texbirds] Quintana and Galveston - 5/1 Warbler Update

  • From: John Tharp <jlt290@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: texbirds@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 1 May 2012 21:24:13 -0500

Since I haven't seen any other posts this evening I figured I'd pass along
some info on the warblers seen late today at Quintana and Lafitte's. Black
throated Blue apparently was the star of the day with 2 reported from
Quintana and at least 4 at Lafitte's.

The best warblers at Quintana by 5:30pm were moving along the spoil bank
about halfway in from the end with 2 Blackpoll, 2 N. Parula, B.T Green,
Black and White, and a couple others. I wasn't able to locate the 2 Black
throated Blues or Cape May seen earlier by others. These birds were
definitely on the move.

I got to Lafitte's as the action was winding down, but there were still a
couple of Black Throated Blue Warblers and a female Cape May near the drip
which made me feel less foolish for driving all over the place after work.

I'm sure others will post pictures and more info later.

Good Birding,

John Tharp
Houston, TX