[texbirds] Quinta Mazatlan 10/5/12

  • From: john brush <jimbo-b@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: texbirds@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 5 Oct 2012 08:41:48 -0700 (PDT)

I enjoyed some cool weather birding over at Quinta Mazatlan this morning (in
the 70's!), nice weather and good birds. Had a robust Cooper's Hawk that
frightened a few Clay-colored Thrushes. Magnolia, Wilson's, Black-and-white,
and Nashville Warblers were all present, along with a beautiful Blue-headed
Vireo. Had my FOF Eastern Phoebes as well! Full list below.

Every Tuesday at 9 am there is a bird walk offered at the park, and every 3rd
Saturday at 8:30 a birding tour into the McAllen Nature Center (Botanic
Gardens). For more info, call Quinta Mazatlan WBC at 956-681-3370.

John Brush
Edinburg, Texas

49 species
Plain Chachalaca 16