[texbirds] Re: Purple Gallinule at Martin Dies State Park

  • From: "Rhandy Helton" <rjhelton@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <texbirds@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 11 Jul 2013 15:02:15 -0500

I had the Purple Gallinule many times at Martin Dies State Park and it is so
noted on the park checklist that I and Brent Ortego prepared in the early 90's.
The best place to view them was always the upper east (Walnut Ridge Unit) side
from the boardwalk as you scanned the masses of floating and emergent aquatic
vegetation.
Rhandy J. Helton
Junction, Tx.